Famous Last Words: Week 14


I hope we are all getting back from Thanksgiving break a few pounds richer, so I won’t feel so bad. Also, I hope everyone is coming back feeling refreshed. I think that this break is very pivotal during a fall semester. The weather is changing and it’s a weird transition to make, so a little break helps to get ready for finals. I did quite a bit of studying over the break, however, I did not let it get in the way of spending plenty of time with my family. In addition, I completed quite a bit of extra credit for this course, which I always enjoy doing. At my parents’ house back in Tulsa, I tucked myself away in my favorite place to do writing, watched the leaves fall (maybe stole a slice of pie!) and began working on my writing. With all the time spent writing and spending time with family, I hardly had time to even think about my medical school interview in San Francisco, but I did visit for a day and a half prior to the break starting and it went well. In fact, I even got another invitation to Rosalind Franklin in Chicago on Wednesday. This came as a wild surprise. I initially only applied for the sake of casting a large net but I am willing to give Chicago a chance, even though I have never been! Moreover, at this point in the semester I and in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I have become very thankful for the skills that I have acquired from this course. In fact, my best friend who lives back and Tulsa and I have begun our own blog. Of course, this is something that I would have never had the skills to do before. But, I have really added a lot of technical abilities to my repertoire thanks to this course.

                                        Image result for thankful
                                                                           Mood 

Comments

  1. Your opening sentence is oh so true, you're not alone at all on that one! Coming back from Thanksgiving break is always hard for me. The break was definitely a great chance to catch up on some work, but it can be hard with so much family in and whatnot. Congrats to you on your interviews! Anyways, good luck to you as the semester closes and in your future!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Hyena Perspective of the Timid Rabbit, Week 2 Story